JEDA BGEL™ grouting solution was developed with the specialised focus on basement concrete structures in mind, with cutting-edge waterproofing technology aimed at delivering high quality and durable results.
Given the common practice of constructing underground structures (i.e., basement car parks) in the land-scarce Singapore market, proper waterproofing is critical towards the successful maintenance of basement structures.
While waterproofing repair work for underground structures is commonplace among contractors, JEDA possess the fine technical skills to perform the same work seamlessly from the external building facade, preventing water seepage before it penetrates the internal concrete structure. Prevention of water seepage within the concrete structure is imperative, lest reinforced steel bars holding the structure together begins to rust, which can seriously compromise the lifespan of the built structure and hence, the safety of all occupants.
Waterproofing could be the critical key towards the long-term durability of your building. JEDA BGEL’s grouting solution bears the consumer’s best interests in mind, with the trained personnel and materials to execute this vision.
These results can be achieved within the following parameters:
- Basement waterproofing work must be performed from the internal structure:This is a crucial step since it will be impossible to re-seal water from the outside once the underground structural work is complete (especially when external structures are covered by surrounding soil, water etc.). Grouting JEDA BGEL™’s waterproofing solution from the inside-out offers a viable means of sealing water seepage from within the concrete structure.
- Applying the pressure grout method for all basement structural and foundation leak repair jobsThe pressure grout method offers the optimal solution for structural basement leak repair in order to effectively seal water off at its point of leakage.
- JEDA BGEL™’s Quality and Durability assuranceJEDA BGEL™’s leak work has a proven track record of strength and durability in spite of the dangerous and often short-lived lifespan of other basement leak repair work solutions on the market.
- JEDA BGEL™’s 10-year warranty assuranceBearing in mind the cyclical need for maintenance or upgrading works on past leak jobs, JEDA welcomes any requests for post-work servicing at your convenience. Our waterproofing expertise has proven time and again to repair the “impossible,” with many clients facing failed jobs by other contractors leaving satisfied with our services.
How to stop basement leaks permanently
Regarding to basement water leak remediation work, we can classify as follows ; -
- After completion of underground structure ( ie, tunnel, tunnel shaft, structure foundation, d-wall, bored pile foundation, etc. ) some structure doing external waterproofing mainly using waterproofing membrane sheet and some structure not doing external waterproofing. Even underground structure floor and wall concrete thickness thick enough ( 2~4m thick), time passes still water start leaking and those water leaking shall effect reinforcement steel bar corrosion and no matter how it results bad effecting of concrete structure. So, best prevention for those bad effecting, we must stop leaking water from outside structure to inside concrete.
- Already completed basement structure leak remediation work key word is how to stop water from outside concrete structure even before outside waterproofing work done or because of thick mass concrete structure not done waterproofing . Many a case people try to prepare inside structure prepare water leading to newly prepared trench and collect water one sumpit and pumping outside structure which is worst for damage underground structure because of damage(rust) reinforce steel bar. This method can consider one of the way clear out inside structure water but cannot say best and recommendable method for underground structure waterproofing remediation method.
- Underground structure waterproofing remediation work principle. These underground structure waterproofing remediation work principle must consider priority is water seepage must stop before water start step inside build structure or tunnel shaft or foundation. Otherwise water already step inside consider waterproofing work failed. Practically already penetrate water inside structure especially reinforced concrete structure need great consideration of existing structure safety and strength. Base on experience, only way to save structure is totally seal water inside reinforced concrete structure itself if not demolish existing concrete structure and re construct and doing waterproofing again. And total water seal position should be more near concrete structure outer surface where touch with outside soil/rock surface and further outside structural reinforcement steel bar starting. ( Normally Civil structure reinforcement steel bar concrete cover is 70 ~150mm ). Once can manage these water leak seal at outer surface from underground structure, that way can say proper waterproofing remediation work performed.
- Underground structure waterproofing remediation work type 1. Best Underground structure waterproofing repair work (type 1) is fill waterproofing material (can be liquid type) between outside soil/sand/rock and underground structure concrete surface. This type of waterproofing repair work can be use for tunnel, tunnel shaft and building foundation, D-wall and building lift pit foundation. As this method is seal whole underground structure, can be best method but repair cost can be very high. Construction method can be a few way but most affectable is using big soil coring machine install on outside structure ground floor and grout from ground surface. This method suitable when leak is mass volume and big area.
- Underground structure waterproofing remediation work type 2. This Type 2 structure waterproofing remediation work is same location grouting and same type of waterproofing. Only different is type 1 coring and grouting doing outside underground structure ground floor using big soil coring machine but type 2 coring inside structure using electric hand coring machine core concrete structure punch through and grout inside structure. When leak area is not so big but area range is wide using this method. But compare type 1 effect is less and success percentage can be lower. As have to pumping waterproofing material also mass, cost can be quite high.
- Underground structure waterproofing remediation work type 3. Type 3 method is quite common method for underground structure waterproofing repair (remediation) work. This method is using coring where water leak area as deep as possible in concrete structure wall/floor/ceiling and grout waterproofing material inside concrete structure. When grout waterproofing material, this material must fine enough in its cell size as it have to penetrate between existing concrete structure water leaking crack and sometimes concrete surface wet area it’s crack can be smaller than micro size. And underground concrete structure leaking water contents concrete chemical, so this grouting waterproofing material should not react against this concrete leaking content chemical and water itself. If waterproofing material can chemical react against water itself and concrete content chemical, we consider this waterproofing repair work fail as it cannot last long time as 5years 10 years sometimes permanent seal. On market underground structure waterproofing repair (remediation) work, mostly have a few critical deface as follows; -
- Grouting waterproofing repair material have chemical reaction with water; When grout, this waterproofing material expand quickly when meet with water And it cause this material cannot go inside deep enough through water leaking crack. Sometimes maximum can penetrate just 50~150mm deep inside water leaking crack not whole through leaking crack. And many waterproofing material react with concrete, and melt down and leak again within short terms.
- Grouting waterproofing repair material cannot penetrate wide area and cannot stay permanently inside water leaking concrete crack. This grouting material stain inside micro concrete crack long time (almost permanent) is most important for underground structure waterproofing repair (remediation) work. And material’s permeability also very important for proper remediation
- We, JEDA BGEL grouting work is designed for underground structure waterproofing repair (remediation) work and we most welcome underground waterproofing repair work other contractor failed work and who wants underground waterproofing repair work one time and last permanent without continuous repeat repair
+ Successfully repairing failed waterproof repair jobs
+ Basement leak repairs
+ Foundation repairs
+ Tunnel leak repairs
+ Waterproof repair of underground structures
+ Pressure grout
+ 10-year Quality and Durability Warranty assurance
Download Product Presentation
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you fix a leaking basement from the inside?
Yes, since all waterproofing repair jobs for basement concrete surfaces must be performed from the inside. Our method utilises pressure grout.
How much does it cost to fix a leaking basement?
It depends on the thickness of the basement concrete as well as the size of the leaking area. Based on a concrete basement floor with a thickness of 600mm, we charge on a 1m x 1m size area basis. However, we are open to a per point charging basis if this is preferred. Please contact our office using the form on the right for further enquiries.
Can you waterproof an old basement?
Yes, we are capable of performing waterproofing repair works for old basement structures. In fact, we warmly welcome cases of repeated failures for waterproofing repair works. JEDA BGEL™ offers a 10-year Quality and Durability Warranty.
+ Fixing failed waterproofing repair work
+ Waterproofing repair of underground concrete structures
+ Basement car park waterproofing repair
+ Leak repair for buildings and civil structure foundations
+ Tunnel floors, walls, ceiling
+ Bored pile foundation leak repair
+ Leak repair for building lift foundations
+ Basement floor and wall leak repairs
+ General waterproofing solutions for underground structures